The mission of the Care Team is to provide support and encouragement to members of the congregation by tending to their emotional, spiritual, and material needs, and to cultivate a feeling of community among church members.
Care Team members will:
- Respond to requests for assistance when approached in person such as at church functions, by phone, personal e-mails, or by email@example.com. We are listed in the church directory.
- Coordinate the 3 main activities of the Care Rings: Crisis Care, Social Gatherings, and Engaging new members.
- Be attentive and respond when appropriate to Joys and Concerns expressed during worship on Sunday mornings and at other times. (Send cards, make phone calls, visit people, etc.)
- Be visible and foster caring relationships with congregants and church groups. We will help to cultivate a supportive, loving community.
- Communicate with congregants through the church newsletter (GNUUS), and church announcements or in other ways with regards to activities and topics related to our mission.
- Refer needs to the minister and/or outside resources when appropriate.
Please contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org