We, the leadership of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Gwinnett, in our covenant with one another and the congregation, believe that maintaining a community of love – through trust, compassion, and inquiry – is essential to this congregation.
To support this belief we agree to practice the following:
- We hold ourselves, and each other, accountable for doing the work of the church responsibly.
- We strive to understand each other and find agreement when possible, always keeping in mind the best interests of the church as we listen with open minds and hearts.
- We recognize that to err is human and therefore practice empathy and forgiveness with each other and ourselves.
- We relate in a respectful manner with each other and with those who rely upon our leadership.
- We encourage direct communication between parties to resolve conflicts and misunderstandings and avoid triangulation.
- We commit to keeping an open dialogue with the congregation about our ideas and decisions.
- We take our roles, but not ourselves, seriously, leaving room for fellowship and fun.