Faith Development Opportunities
A vibrant, thriving Faith Development program does not happen without you! During the 2019-2020 program year, Faith Development has available to following opportunities to serve:
- Adult Workshop Leader – This position requires a one-time commitment to lead a session on a Sunday morning during the ten o’clock hour. You may suggest a session you’d like to present, or simply volunteer to present on a specific date or during a month with a specific theme that resonates with you. (multiple openings throughout the program year)
- Multigengerational Workshop Leader – Volunteers will commit to lead 4 sessions over an 8 week period, on Sunday mornings at 10:00. The curriculum is pre-written, and all materials provided for you to facilitate the discussions and activities. (12 openings, 4 in each season/cycle: Fall, Winter, Spring)
- Book Discussion Leader – This position requires a one-time commitment to facilitate a Book Discussion on one of three pre-scheduled Sunday mornings, at 10:00. (October, February, or April) Preparation involving familiarizing yourself with the book’scontents and reviewing the discussion guide (which will be provided to you) will be necessary. (3 openings)
- Early Elementary Workshop Leader – This position requires a commitment to be present 2 Sundays per month throughout the program year. You will facilitate a program for 5-7 year-olds during the worship service, presenting thematic lessons through stories, crafts, and activities. These sessions are written to coincide with thw worship service content. (4 openings)
- Nursery/Toddler Childcaregiver – this position requires a commitment of one Sunday per month (on a prescribed schedule). You will be assisting our staff childcare specialist with providing compassionate, loving care and supervision to our youngest congregants and friends during the hours of 9:45am through 12:30pm on Sunday mornings while Faith Development programming and Sunday Worship are in session.
If you have any questions, or are ready to step into an essential role in creating a vibrant, enriching Faith Development program at UUCG, please contact Christiana or any member of the UUCG Fath Development Team today.